Table of Contents
A bit about how to login on the web server, set up your web site, and the restrictions for use.
- The members.nova.org Web Server top page as a reference.
- How to request FPA WWW Members Services.
- To request activation of UNIX shell service, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not use more than 100M of diskspace. This includes all html, any logfiles, and other files found in your home directory.
- This system is supported only in so much that webmasters can do the work in their spare time.
- FPA does NOT offer a commerical level of web service for its members. That means NO support and if your page statistics reach a level of very high use, you may be asked to leave.
- Individual page statistics using the analog reporting software may be run on request.
- UNIX shell access available to this system upon request.
- This server belongs to us all. Do not abuse the privilege.
- CGI Counter for your web page. Examples. http://members.nova.org/Count-Docs/Count.htmlDocumentation. This feature is unsupported.
- Apache Manual. Read this if you want to know what this server is capable of doing.
- Analog Readme. It is possible to further customize the statistics reports if you read and understand the analog program. Read here and familiarize yourself, build a config file and run analog. You can do this from the unix prompt. The log files are located in /var/www/log.